Monday, June 21, 2004

When Heaven Invades Earth


Bill Johnson is the pastor of Bethel Church in Redding, California. He is also one of my spiritual heroes. He recently published a book entitled When Heaven Invades Earth about his pursuit of a life and ministry of miracles. Johnson gets results: people are healed, prophecies are given, lives are changed for the better. How he does it is explained in the pages of his book. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in a life of miracles.

While reading his book the other day, I came across a passage that seems to be the crux of everything he writes about. Here Johnson tells us in simple language what it takes to see signs & wonders in the life of a Christian:
Biblical passion is a mysterious mixture of humility, supernatural hunger, and faith. I pursue because I have been pursued. Lethargy must not be found in me. And if the average Christian life around me falls short of the biblical standard, I must pursue against the grain. If people are not being healed, I will not supply a rationale so that those around me remain comfortable with the void. Instead, I will pursue the healing until it comes or the individual goes to be with the Lord. I will not lower the standard of the Bible to my level of experience.

Jesus healed everyone who came to Him. To accept any other standard is to bring the Bible down to our level of experience, and deny the nature of the One who changes not.
Very powerful, and very accurate words from a man who sees great miracles on a regular basis! If we wish to see miracles in our own life, then we need to have the same attitude as that of Bill Johnson.

No comments: